Sunday, July 13, 2008

They say it's a virtue/Name that piece

Patience that is. Thanks to everyone who has been so patient at my recent lack of blogs. The past week has been incredibly busy. I do have (sort of) a lot to share. This past week we had a guest composer from Russia with whom we had long colloquiums and who's work was performed this past week. As a result, the days were incredibly long. I think the norm was to get back to the room around 9-ish and then make dinner, then get up at 6:30 the next day and do it all over again.

For those who might be frustrated by the lack of details in this blog, it's because I don't want to shaft the week by just throwing out names, so I will post more on this very soon, like tonight. It's Bastille Day here in France and everything is closed, so I'm gonna use the time to catch up on some blogging... after I go the Louvre (which is free today!).

Just to tide you over, here's the first page of a new piece I'm working on (thanks again Trev for the idea!). I'm really liking it, but it is coming extremely slow. Please pray that I can get more done, since I have a lesson tomorrow and the goal is to get this performed at the student recital at the end of the course!

Oh yeah. I'm notoriously bad at naming pieces, so if any of you have any ideas, let me know. I'm totally open for suggestions.

Thanks for all the comments! I look forward to filling you in tonight...

BC

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, a NAME for your piece??? We'll see about that. Good to have you blogging again.

Anonymous said...

How about a Tribute to Mother.

Ha!

Roxanna Grimes said...

hahahha. Debbie and I think alike.
I vote for Tribute to Mother.

Anonymous said...

How can you suggest a name without hearing it?

Brandon said...

You have to hear it in your mind...

Haha. That's what they'd say at this program. This piece has to be finished by Tuesday, so I'll hopefully have a mock up then.

Rebekah said...

I would name it:
Nuage et Vague (Cloud and Wave)or
Le Nuage et Le Vague (The Cloud and The Wave)
--Since that is what all those little marks look like to me.

gabrielle said...

Brandon, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your updates of adventures in Paris. I have to admit, we have been to the Harbor House ALOT...and we have missed you. Glad to hear you like the hair cut, its a pretty big change. Ps i leave tomorrow morning at 530 am, and then we will both be in some far off place, away from home:) Anyway, Im hoping to post on my blog while Im gone.